Welcome

Welcome to Christine Long Photography! I am an on-location, natural light photographer in the Metro Detroit region. I live in Novi with my husband and three children - Sophie, Graham, and Claire. Here you'll find photographs from my most recent sessions and promotional information. Please contact me at christine@christinelongphotography.com for information on sessions and products! I look forward to capturing your family in the future!
I'm currently scheduling sessions for January through March.
Contact me to schedule your session soon.

Matthaei Botanical Gardens {Ann Arbor Portrait Photographer}

One of my goals this month is to scout out new photography locations in order to provide more options and guidance for my clients.  Don't get me wrong, I love Mill Race Village in Northville, but it's time to branch out a little.  I've been itching to check out the Matthaei Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor for quite a while.  So, yesterday I packed up my camera, Sophie, Graham, and a double stroller and headed out for a stroll through some of the gardens.  I only just scratched the surface of locational possibilities, since not all of the trails are stroller accessible.  Not to mention, this hectic (but fun) two-hour stroll included a stop to nurse the baby, lots of bribery (ring pop included in pictures below and chicken nuggets on the way home), and a few tears (Sophie's and Graham's, not mine).

I'll definitely be taking husband along next time, equipped with our two hiking carriers so that we can scope out the historic barn located at the north end of the property.  Nonetheless, I got a good feel for the gardens -- and for those of you with little kids, the children's gardens would make a fantastic portrait and play-date location!!! 

Following this trip, Graham and I took a few minutes to finish up his 3-month photos in our backyard.  Those will be in the next post!! Can't wait to share!






These next two photographs are two of my favorites.  HELLO blue eyes!  I'm thinking a large canvas wrap is in order for my living room!!






This cute purple bench is in the children's gardens, and by this time, Sophie was obviously drained of all energy.  She was such a good model, though.  (Ring pops may become my new prize for reluctant little girls!)

0 comments: