Welcome

Welcome to Christine Long Photography! I am an on-location, natural light photographer in the Metro Detroit region. I live in Novi with my husband and three children - Sophie, Graham, and Claire. Here you'll find photographs from my most recent sessions and promotional information. Please contact me at christine@christinelongphotography.com for information on sessions and products! I look forward to capturing your family in the future!
I'm currently scheduling sessions for January through March.
Contact me to schedule your session soon.

Storytelling with Photos {Northville, MI and Novi, MI lifestyle photographer}

One of the perks to having a chilly winter and slow photography season is the chance to catch up with my personal photos.  As I was sorting through our images (and reflecting on Graham's first year - he turns 1 in 3 weeks), I found a series of images from our annual trip to pick a family of pumpkins for Halloween.  We chose  a mommy, a daddy, a big sister, and a baby pumpkin - and Sophie did much of the picking!  It was a gorgeous fall day, full with wonderful afternoon/evening sunlight, warm fall colors, and lots of smiles from both of my kids.  This was one of my favorite memories of 2010, and I'm excited to share our little activity with you!  Our trip to Three Cedars Farm started off with a trailer ride out to the pumpkin patches (one mini-pumpkin patch and one larger pumpkin patch).  Before we attacked the pumpkins, we went through a corn maze.  Sophie did great with the maze; for much of it she pretended she was Dora -- exploring and running through all of the tall corn.  After the pumpkin picking, we, of course, indulged on hot apple cider and donuts - a fall tradition here in Michigan.

I hope you enjoy these photos.  One of my photography goals for 2011 is to do more "lifestyle" photo sessions - meaning, capturing families as they are, with less formal posing, documenting them during everyday activities, and telling a story through a series of images.  Contact me for more information on lifestyle photo sessions or just to chat about the endless possibilities!



0 comments: